Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive been perma banned this league for using poeapikit, exiled api as limited user, i used mostly radar for acts and auto potion for maps not rmt and nothing else.

[Discussion] Bans and what we know
    manmeat's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/28
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by silentfull1 View Post
    ive been perma banned this league for using poeapikit, exiled api as limited user, i used mostly radar for acts and auto potion for maps not rmt and nothing else.
    I accidentally ran exileapi without limited user in necropolis and this league for a short time (I'm retarded) and I haven't been banned yet. did you just get banned? I'd imagine poeapikit could cause a ban since it has bot-like actions.
    Last edited by manmeat; 08-02-2024 at 09:47 AM.

throwaway22's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a hacker, but I'm annoyed at GGG right now, so I hope you guys find this helpful.

1) No programs except Awakened POE Trade - this one is widely considered "OK" per reddit, since all it does it price check the trade site and has a shortcut key for /hideout. Everyone uses this.
    2) Never RMTed
    3) Reason for bans: "Third Party Software"

Main account: Almost five years old, never banned. I have a bunch of trade tabs like most people. I use Awakened POE Trade on it, and before that I used whatever the previous helper software was for price checks. No other software, no RMT.

First alternate account: Created this on May 1st when my main account caught a mute for saying something spicy in global chat. Traded a tabula to it, then leveled it to 25. Then I shuffled currency to it, bought a bunch of stuff from the trade site, then shuffled the items back to my main account. Annoying, but better than playing full SSF. I did leave the account logged in in hideout 24 hours a day, which their systems probably consider sketchy. No I did NOT run any trade bot software or anything else on it. After about three weeks when my main account mute expired, I stopped using it. In July I tried to login to get my tabula back, and found the account had been banned on Jun 10th. I appealed to support and they denied it. No big deal, it's just a tabula.

Second alternate account: Created this one on July 19th and leveled it up to 25 for practice. During league start a few days later, I created a new character, parked it in town, and used the portal-to-character feature to save on portal scrolls. I stopped using it after less than a day. A few days ago, I caught another mute on my main account, so I bought some premium tabs on this alternate account and used it to sell items. Again, shuffling items and currency back and forth is annoying, but better than SSF. Today, they banned this account as well, same useless reason. Haven't appealed yet, I assume it will be useless.

My main account is still just fine, even though it's on the same PC and same IP as those banned accounts.

I suspect they use some heuristics to detect probable RMT. The trades between my main account and alternate look like RMT, because it's currency or good items flowing between them "for free". (The trades between my alternate account and trade site shouldn't look like RMT, because those are fair exchanges, but the volume of trading probably hurts). They they have an additional check to avoid pissing off too many of their customers with false positives. My alternate accounts fail this hard, since they are level 25 in act 2 despite being a month+ old, and have barely any activity outside of trades. My main account is level 97, 29 challenges, hundreds of maps run, etc, so the algorithm decides to be cautious and let it pass.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456