Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much gold per hour is viable to farm with botting?

I haven't played WoW since Lich King.

I'm wondering what a normal botting gold per hour would be in Dragonflight? Also wondering the same for the classic expansions.

How much gold per hour is viable to farm  with botting?
    AnubisAccounts's Avatar OwnedCore Helper Exclusive Characters & Accounts

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    24/11
    Trade Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that it is, but in case you really treat it as a business. You would need a truly private bot and a very big collection of computers, each running 8 licenses at the same time to make it worth your while. It obviously isn't what it used to be back in the day, but if you invest heavily in it and make a nice setup (by todays standards), you should be able to make a very nice amount. The only difference today is you need way more money invested to make it profitable than you did back in the golden days.

3. Thanks Timzorize (1 members gave Thanks to AnubisAccounts for this useful post)
    Timzorize's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AnubisAccounts View Post
    I would say that it is, but in case you really treat it as a business. You would need a truly private bot and a very big collection of computers, each running 8 licenses at the same time to make it worth your while. It obviously isn't what it used to be back in the day, but if you invest heavily in it and make a nice setup (by todays standards), you should be able to make a very nice amount. The only difference today is you need way more money invested to make it profitable than you did back in the golden days.
    I've been diving into YouTube videos on WoW gold farming, and it turns out AI was completely off (I asked AI how much gold per hour I could make in Dragonflight, and its reply was (~7.5k gold per hour). It doesn't take a whole day to farm 100k gold—it's more like 1-2 hours according to Youtube gold farming guides.

Let's break it down: if I farm 50k gold per hour, that's 450k gold in a 9-hour botting workday.

Now, this gold is worth around $18. Selling to third-party sites might net me about 70%(?) of the selling value, so I'd be getting roughly $12.60 per day with one bot.

Over 25 days, that’s $315 per month per bot. With 10 bots, we're looking at $3k per month. Sounds sweet.

Here's the cost breakdown:

The computer uses about 300W, which costs around $20 per month.
    Dragonflight is a one-time cost of $30 per account x10 = $300 (not monthly).
    WoW subscriptions are $13 per month x10 = $130.
    VPN with 10 unique IP addresses is around $20-30 per month(?).
    Farming bot $10 per month?
    Assuming accounts get banned every 6 months in a banwave, this setup still sounds profitable.

I understand it as you're talking about running 50-100+ accounts for it to be profitable. I'd appreciate it if you could break down my research, as it doesn't seem to align with your calculations...

Also from what I've researched it seems like Blizzard is not banning bots too much. As they're earning sub fees from the bots. People complain abouts bots being everywhere in the game and Blizzard doesn't do much about it. So I'd think a public bot that goes undetected by Warden is fine?

AnubisAccounts's Avatar OwnedCore Helper Exclusive Characters & Accounts

Thanks G/R
    24/11
    Trade Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Timzorize View Post
    I've been diving into YouTube videos on WoW gold farming, and it turns out AI was completely off (I asked AI how much gold per hour I could make in Dragonflight, and its reply was (~7.5k gold per hour). It doesn't take a whole day to farm 100k gold—it's more like 1-2 hours according to Youtube gold farming guides.

Let's break it down: if I farm 50k gold per hour, that's 450k gold in a 9-hour botting workday.

Now, this gold is worth around $18. Selling to third-party sites might net me about 70%(?) of the selling value, so I'd be getting roughly $12.60 per day with one bot.

Over 25 days, that’s $315 per month per bot. With 10 bots, we're looking at $3k per month. Sounds sweet.

Here's the cost breakdown:

The computer uses about 300W, which costs around $20 per month.
    Dragonflight is a one-time cost of $30 per account x10 = $300 (not monthly).
    WoW subscriptions are $13 per month x10 = $130.
    VPN with 10 unique IP addresses is around $20-30 per month(?).
    Farming bot $10 per month?
    Assuming accounts get banned every 6 months in a banwave, this setup still sounds profitable.

I understand it as you're talking about running 50-100+ accounts for it to be profitable. I'd appreciate it if you could break down my research, as it doesn't seem to align with your calculations...

Also from what I've researched it seems like Blizzard is not banning bots too much. As they're earning sub fees from the bots. People complain abouts bots being everywhere in the game and Blizzard doesn't do much about it. So I'd think a public bot that goes undetected by Warden is fine?
    For the precise calculations you would have to talk to someone that is currently doing this (you shouldn't have a hard time finding someone on the forums). Your calculations do seem correct, but the biggest part of the equation is finding a truly private bot that will last you at least 6 months as you planned. As far as I know those are way more expensive, especially if you have someone build you one from the ground up (you wouldn't have to worry about ban waves for the most part in this situation, unlike with known and conventional bots). But on the other hand I've heard/seen the complete contrary with Blizzard's bans on bot accounts the recent few years, the combination of warden and player reports wouldn't really hold water for an account being ban free for 6 months, at least in my opinion. But I would love nothing more than for you to go forward on this venture and make a decent amount, but please either wait for someone with a bit more knowledge of the current botting scene than me, or reach out to someone before investing

6. Thanks Confucius (1 members gave Thanks to AnubisAccounts for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the precise calculations you would have to talk to someone that is currently doing this (you shouldn't have a hard time finding someone on the forums). Your calculations do seem correct, but the biggest part of the equation is finding a truly private bot that will last you at least 6 months as you planned. As far as I know those are way more expensive, especially if you have someone build you one from the ground up (you wouldn't have to worry about ban waves for the most part in this situation, unlike with known and conventional bots). But on the other hand I've heard/seen the complete contrary with Blizzard's bans on bot accounts the recent few years, the combination of warden and player reports wouldn't really hold water for an account being ban free for 6 months, at least in my opinion. But I would love nothing more than for you to go forward on this venture and make a decent amount, but please either wait for someone with a bit more knowledge of the current botting scene than me, or reach out to someone before investing
    Alright thanks for the insight. I'm currently obsessed with this project but I should take it a bit easier and not rush things as I've realized it's gonna be a lot of work before I see any profit, if I see any. I'd love to be in contact with someone with more experience regarding this topic. I'll keep browsing the forums and do my research. I already have three PCs which can run WoW. Did some crypto mining few years ago. Even if the account lasts one month it should be profitable, so burning accounts wouldn't be too much of an issue. Each account will cost around $35. However I yet have no information regarding how long time it takes to get to max level (if it's required for good profit). Seems like Dragonflight is very quick to level cap a character. But will the accounts need to be warmed up before start going ham with the botting. Hmm, I hope someone with some experience will come forward and share some information. Perhaps working together.

Also soon the new expansion War Within will be released, so changes will be made.

I'm currently thinking about what VPN would be safe for WoW. And if VMware is better to use than Virtualbox, for performance.

I have a few weeks experience of botting mining nodes on my main in original LK. No bans. Public bot, sold the gold IRL for cash.

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

Thanks G/R
    281/290
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're using one of the public bots you can probably expect a ban at least once a month, maybe even as often as every 2 weeks. Blizzard has really seemed to ramp up bans after microsoft bought them. You'll also run into the issue of your hwid being flagged that will lead to even more frequent bans, sometimes within 24 hours. Some people say this does not happen but I have personally seen it happen. There are people who bot for a living who know ways around these issues with custom VMs and such. I'm not knowledgable about these solutions this is just stuff I've gathered lately on the current situation by talking to people who do this sort of thing.

9. Thanks AnubisAccounts (1 members gave Thanks to Confucius for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    If you're using one of the public bots you can probably expect a ban at least once a month, maybe even as often as every 2 weeks. Blizzard has really seemed to ramp up bans after microsoft bought them. You'll also run into the issue of your hwid being flagged that will lead to even more frequent bans, sometimes within 24 hours. Some people say this does not happen but I have personally seen it happen. There are people who bot for a living who know ways around these issues with custom VMs and such. I'm not knowledgable about these solutions this is just stuff I've gathered lately on the current situation by talking to people who do this sort of thing.
    Ok thanks for the information. Seems to be many obstacles to tackle. Do you think I can get in contact with someone who has experience botting?

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

Thanks G/R
    281/290
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for the information. Seems to be many obstacles to tackle. Do you think I can get in contact with someone who has experience botting?
    Your best bet would probably be to join the discords for some of the public bots such as the GMR discord

NextPrevious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've researched gold farming for money, and here are my findings:

Example #1 : High Population Cataclysm Server (Gehennas EU Horde)

Exchange rate: 1 gold = $0.00064
    Average gold farmed per hour: 65g
    Earnings per hour: 65g * $0.00064 = $0.0416

Costs
    WoW subscription + bot fee: ~$23/month
    Monthly cost per hour: $23 / 720 hours = $0.0319

Conclusion
    The cost per hour to run one bot, excluding electricity and the initial WoW account purchase, is $0.0319. This calculation raises significant doubts about the profitability of gold farming.

Higher gold rate
    Farming 100g / h would net $0.064 per hour. $0.064*11 = $0.704. Not even one dollar for one account's daily work.

Do 100x accounts which will require hours of pretty much a day job, just $70 per day.

1000x accounts = $700 per day. But then everything has to be 100% automated and bots must do the selling on AH and laundering the gold to a safe bank all by themselves. Is that what you mean a private bot would be able to do?

Seems like a huge investment and great hassle. Is there any other games that are viable to bot in for $$ or is the entire internet saturated with this shit?

Gamri's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can shoot me a DM.
    I don't know much about botting myself (except the basics and such), but I do have a lot of mates that make all sorts of different bots.

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    253/489
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering what a normal botting gold per hour would be in Dragonflight?
    At least 7
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Archvaldor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late to this thread but as someone who sometimes makes them I'd take youtube guides with a fistful of salt. The ones claiming stupid numbers are mostly talking about transmog - which can take months to sell to get full value. You can't bot that..
    7.5 gold is realistic for automatable RAW gold.
    Your issue with dragonflight is going to be around the burden of the client on your comp's performance.

I'm not quite sure why there is the massive focus around botting in wow since it seems easier to me to make more money automating other stuff. There';s some online bookies with a vulnerability I could hit up for an hour that I'd struggle to make the same cash in a day botting wow.