0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlueRainsky View Post
    Did you install the guides? People do not and then wonder why they are not there.
    I did and got no Guides to choose from after. Do you have any idea how i can fix it? (See my post a few post before please, picture is attached)

RéstédXP Era | Classic | Retail
    BlueRainsky's Avatar ★ Elder ★ The Curator
    Thanks G/R
    241/1150
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Korosenai View Post
    I did install your guides from the OP. I did the troubleshooting step by step as well, multiple times across all clients. I could never get Classic to show a leveling guide past 20 or a cataclysm guide to show past 25.

edit: I installed latest rxp guides manually from curseforge. One for retail, classic, and cata. I deleted the guides inside. I replaced with your guides from the OP. I placed them in the interface folders respectively for each client. None of them showed any guides past 20/25. I did this multiple times for each client over the last few hours.
    Then either used wrong or old software to extract the file.
    The saved variables are damaged and need to be deleted.
    Or the odd thing is something wrong with the folders and it need to be replaced
    My Threads:
    Réstéd-XP Classic | Wrath | Retail - | - Zygór Classic | Cata | Retail - | - Dugíz Classic | Cata | Retail - | - Hayden Hawke's Secret Gold Guide - | - User Interface collection - | - [Compilation] WoW Gold farming Recommendation

Korosenai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then either used wrong or old software to extract the file.
    The saved variables are damaged and need to be deleted.
    Or the odd thing is something wrong with the folders and it need to be replaced
    I just tried again as a test, here's what I did step by step. Downloaded your guides link in the op and extracted contents with 7 zip. I downloaded the latest rxpguides release and the latest rxpguides cata release to try both versions (not at the same time, just one then the other). Deleted guides folder and replaced with your guides folder. Placed the rxpguides folder into the interfact folder. Loaded up the game and went to choose a guide but the guide stops at level 26.

Here is an image showing what's happening: RXP-ERROR hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

Could you double check your guides folder in the OP? Maybe it's missing files in the recent update you posted.

slurpzys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried again as a test, here's what I did step by step. Downloaded your guides link in the op and extracted contents with 7 zip. I downloaded the latest rxpguides release and the latest rxpguides cata release to try both versions (not at the same time, just one then the other). Deleted guides folder and replaced with your guides folder. Placed the rxpguides folder into the interfact folder. Loaded up the game and went to choose a guide but the guide stops at level 26.

Could you double check your guides folder in the OP? Maybe it's missing files in the recent update you posted.
    i tried the exact same things over last few hours.

i also downloaded 7zip (usually i only use winrar), and i tried the last 4 rxp versions. Everything ends in the same result (no guides above lvl 20).

the download link on the OP was also changed today (4 hours ago if you check the date from download.ru). My guess there was an error updating the files or it might be a rxp issue.

slurpzys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried the exact same things over last few hours. I also downloaded 7zip (usually i only use winrar), and i tried the last 4 rxp versions. Everything ends in the same result (no guides above lvl 20).
    the download link from the OP was also changed today (4 hours ago if you check the date from download.ru). My guess there was an error updating the files or it might be an rxp issue.

Thanks G/R
    241/1150
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by slurpzys View Post
    i tried the exact same things over last few hours. I also downloaded 7zip (usually i only use winrar), and i tried the last 4 rxp versions. Everything ends in the same result (no guides above lvl 20).
    the download link from the OP was also changed today (4 hours ago if you check the date from download.ru). My guess there was an error updating the files or it might be an rxp issue.
    This is what should have happened.

People load the addon > get an error > Shows this is the error and I fix.

So far everyone had not done that.

Either they have lua errors on and refuse to say and I know people that take the file and run do that.
    Or people have lua errors off and do not see it.
    My Threads:
    Réstéd-XP Classic | Wrath | Retail - | - Zygór Classic | Cata | Retail - | - Dugíz Classic | Cata | Retail - | - Hayden Hawke's Secret Gold Guide - | - User Interface collection - | - [Compilation] WoW Gold farming Recommendation

Korosenai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what should have happened.

People load the addon > get an error > Shows this is the error and I fix.

So far everyone had not done that.

Either they have lua errors on and refuse to say and I know people that take the file and run do that.
    Or people have lua errors off and do not see it.
    I am unsure of what a lua file is or what you need exactly, but I would love to provide it for you.

Thanks G/R
    241/1150
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am unsure of what a lua file is or what you need exactly, but I would love to provide it for you.
    All people had to do was put the lua errors on

Post a screenshot and I would have fixed it.

FAQ/How to enable and disable script errors ("Lua errors")
    In order to troubleshoot potential issues, particularly when the addon isn't loading correctly, you'll need to post any error messages Lua will display in the game. These are disabled by default in the most current client versions.

You can, however, enable them using this command:

/console scriptErrors 1
    Once you're done reporting a problem, and no longer wish to see error messages, feel free to disable them with this command:

/console scriptErrors 0
    Important: There is no confirmation after typing these commands, and you'll need to reload your interface or restart/relog to see the relevant error messages if Rarity failed to load.

Please understand that you're making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for me to help you if you don't give me all the information that you can. The more I know about the specifics of a potential issue, the faster I'll be able to fix it, and the more likely it is to become a higher priority for me to do so.

-----

Note: If you'd like to collect and report script errors more easily to help addon authors out and/or get your addon problems fixed quickly, I recommend using specific addons to do so. Here are some good reasons for why you should consider this.
    FAQ/How to enable and disable script errors ("Lua errors") - FAQ - Pages - Rarity - Addons - Projects - WowAce

I know for a fact that people have lua errors on but no one bothered to post the screenshot. So I did it all myself and remade the file and uploaded it.
    Last edited by BlueRainsky; 2 Hours Ago at 01:51 PM.
    My Threads: